Home Forums Predator Control Coyotes Are coyotes really killing my deer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

David Munch
    Participant

The answer to this question is yes they are, several recent university studies
    indicate that coyotes kill up to 80% of the deer fawns in many states.
    If you enjoy your deer hunting you really need to learn how to manage predators on your property.
    If you are trying to manage for big deer coyotes are capable of wiping our your gene pool in a second.
    My partners and I have professionally managed coyotes for a combined seventy years.
    Check our web site at scientificwildlifemanagement.com I’m always available to answer
    questions
    yote hunter
    Scientific Wildlife Management
    Dan Thompson Game Calls Pro Staff

Jeff Becka
    Participant

Coyotes Suck!

Jeff Becka
    Participant

We need to take out more coyotes in my neck of the woods too. they are hurting my fawn population.

Bruce Carroll
    Keymaster

I heard that. Had several fawns killed this year from yotes. Looking to get some free time to get out and try my new call.

Mike Carroll
    Participant

We have seen several coyotes hunting this year but couldn’t get a shot on any of them.

Bruce Carroll
    Keymaster

Yea We are about to put a hurtin on them as soon as deer season goes out.

Steven Glass
    Participant

Im waiting to get my barrel and receiver back, im having them hydro dipped so i can get my 22-250 back together and do some yote hunting.

Bruce Carroll
    Keymaster

Great, who does your hydro dipping?  Where are they located.

David Munch
    Participant

Coyote update,

I’m sure most of you guys are getting cranked up about deer right about now but let’s not forget about the coyotes this season. If you’re sitting in your stand and a coyote comes along(shoot) especially you bow hunters. The coyote you let pass my just walk down the trail and kill the fawn that may be the key to a great gene pool in your area. More new research proves that coyotes kill a lot of deer fawns. Even James Krohl(Dr.Deer) recently addressed the coyote issue. He stated that he no longer sits and watches a coyote walk past, he shoots! If you manage your property for big deer and don’t control your predator numbers you are simply feeding the predators. You can do the most good by calling or trapping coyotes about a month before the deer drop their fawns till about two to three months after they drop the fawns. The key is to take out the alpha pairs in your hunting area. I’ll explain how that’s done in my next post.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.